Monday, May 7, 2012

What would have been a birthday

Baby Beck, it is hard to believe that you turned one so many weeks ago when, in fact, it is not until today that you were supposed to be celebrating. What a surprise it was that you were born so much earlier than expected, but how grateful I am that on this day you are a happy, healthy, and completely normal one year old.

I wanted to share these photos on your actual birthday, but for some reason it didn't feel right. On your birthday I was so overwhelmingly filled with joy and gratitude that I wasn't ready to focus on the hours that led up to your birth which were, in fact, the most frightening hours of my life.

One day when I am ready I may put the whole experience into words, but for now these photos express what I cannot yet say.

As always, thank you Natalie, for capturing the important moments in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment