Sunday, May 20, 2012

Break

Currently wishing I were here:
on the beach in Costa Rica, doing this:

That massage on the beach is one I will never forget. And, sadly, it may just be the last one I've had. Back in 2008. Oh my, that is a long time.

My days lately are more exhausting than they have ever been as life with a 3 year old and a 1 year old becomes more and more chaotic. For the most part it is a wonderful chaos and I would not change it for the world well, except the tantrums, those I would change for little more than a wink and a smile, but that makes me sound like a terrible mother so I'll stick to my original thought, but a quiet hour with the ocean in the background, birds chirping, and not a care in the world or someone screaming sounds like shear bliss.

We talk about making a fourth trip to Costa Rica when the boys are a bit older and money is a bit looser, but I know it will never be the same as when we have been before. Great memories were made on those trips. Memories of Gabe and me that I hold extremely close to my heart. Those trips have been the only time in our eleven plus years together where I have felt completely care free, relaxed, and in the moment. Where we have done nothing but enjoy our time together, talk, and connect.

It will be a while (years, actually) before we get away on our own in the same way. Besides time and money constraints, I am just not comfortable vacationing while somebody else is taking care of my young children for more than maybe a night. So for now I take the free moments I have and I reminisce. It's not quite the same, but it will at least hold me over for another day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment