Monday, September 3, 2012

Back to work

Tomorrow I go back to work after spending the entire summer doing pretty much whatever I felt like. Which, sadly, did not include nearly as many chores, tasks, projects or posts as I had hoped. There is always Christmas break, right? And I am feeling surprisingly OK about the whole thing I suppose because I actually went in about every week to do some work. Many years I feel anxious or nervous or just plain not ready, but this year things feel good. Calm. Maybe because life at home with 2 little boys is chaos every minute of every day or maybe because this marks the beginning of my fourteenth year teaching. Fourteen?! Regardless, I am happy to get back into a routine that is all my own, albeit one that begins at 5 am when no normal human should be getting dressed.

Summer has been good to our family but I am looking forward to starting my first school year in quite a few where I have neither morning sickness nor a newborn. It's a very welcome change; one that will make me a better teacher, a better mother, and a better wife. Because waking up multiple times during the night and being ready to leave for work at 5:30 am has never been good for anyone. And so I am off to lay out my clothes and pack my snacks for the first time in months because 5 am will be here before I know it and that alarm is unrelenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment