Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Father's Day


Hmmm...well, it seems I more than a bit late with this one, but is it really ever too late to celebrate? I say no. So celebrate I will a pretty great guy who just so happens to also be pretty much the best dad ever. As I type this I am reminded of the Seinfeld episode in which Jerry's dad and Izzy Mandelbaum nearly come to blows over which is in fact better: World's Greatest or #1 Dad. And I am fairly certain that most normal people would neither understand nor appreciate this reference, but since my husband is exactly half of all the people who read this blog and he will totally get it, I am mentioning it. Right, honey? But I digress...I guess you really never know the type of father your husband will be until its already a bit too late. The truth is I got really lucky and my kids have one awesome daddy.

Gabe, I love you through and through and I admire you for all that you are to our boys. You are their world and in their eyes you do absolutely no wrong. Ever. You are the easy-going parent, the push-over, and the candy-giver. You are "the nice one". I watch you as you make memories with your boys daily and it I am grateful. I love you. We love you. Happy Father's Day (again).

No comments:

Post a Comment