Thursday, July 5, 2012

Easiest silhouettes ever

I keep seeing pins for DIY silhouettes that are time consuming and involve fancy programs like Photoshop- two things I do not have. I even see people selling them on Etsy for a small fortune. Nonsense, I say.

I have been in love with silhouettes since about the first grade when school pictures always came in a silhouette format and have always promised to have them made of the kids. And at some point I really would love to have them cut by a silhouette artist, but until then I will make do with my spray painted version.

Here's how I did it: I took side profile pictures of the boys and blew them up to a size I liked and printed them on card stock. I cut out the picture, spray painted it black and mounted it on top of a white piece of paper and placed it in a frame. That's it. Embarrassingly simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment