Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Christmas Recap (just a bit late)

It is hard to believe that Christmas has come and gone and I am beginning to think about Valentine's Day decorations. So easy it is to say that I am late in putting this post together because I have been so desperately busy for the last few weeks, but the truth is I have just not wanted to come to terms with the fact that such a great part of the year has already come and gone. It's not even that time is speeding by as it usually has a tendency to do at this time of year, I just simply made enjoying the moments of December a priority over documenting them in real time. December went something like this:

We chose our tree
and built a gingerbread house.
I made, addressed, and mailed the cards
and the boys and I made cookies for friends (but we ate most ourselves!) and cupcakes for school.
We sang tons of Christmas songs and Anderson performed a few favorites for his school concert.
The boys visited Santa
and Santa visited them.
Anderson ate his weight in candy canes
but he saved some for his friends.
We celebrated with the extended family
 and tried desperately to get a decent family picture
repeatedly
I made little gifts for teachers
and wrapped a few for my boys
only to be over-shadowed by the awesome wrapping job Gabe did for me.
Santa delivered the rest
and the boys played all day
but not before the obligatory "everybody in front of the tree looking terrible in your jammies first thing in the morning"picture
Yes, there were a few more things in there (light viewing, dinosaur tail sewing, glass etching, DIY decorating and way more glittering than I care to admit), but I either failed to take photos or took some too lousy to do the projects justice. Maybe next year.:)
 
All in all it was a really great month. We were fortunate to spend a lot of time together as a family and really focus on involving the kids as much as possible. I am sad to have wrapped it all up as I removed the wreaths from the front doors yesterday, but I am so excited for this new year and all of the possibilities it holds. Here's to January! 



No comments:

Post a Comment