Monday, January 28, 2013

A birthday quilt


I spent most of last week on the sewing machine working on this quilt for my sister (and maybe a couple other secret projects that I have yet to photograph). Though I cut out about 3/4 of the squares back in June, it wasn't until last Saturday that I actually got my act together and started putting it together for my sister's birthday on Friday. Is procrastination a disease? I think it must be. I need to look into that. Later, of course.

Though this is not technically considered "quilting", it is about as close as I may ever come. This is the second blanket like this I have made and while not challenging, they are very time consuming and I tend to get a bit bored with the whole thing about half way through (procrastination and a short attention span? I really need help). Maybe I need to stick to making them baby-sized? Anyway, I am really happy with how it turned out (even if the pictures in the crazy rainy-sunny-cloudy-within the span of 5 minutes weather don't do it justice). I know she loved it and I loved giving something that I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment