Monday, October 29, 2012

Treat


Friday a couple of girlfriends came over for a little Halloween treat-making party. The kids played and we wrapped, stuffed, and assembled cupcakes, mummy candy bars and Halloween Peeps s'mores for the kids' friends and teachers. The whole divide-and-conquer method was key and a December craft day is already in the planning stages. Aside from the cupcakes, which were intended for our own kids and neighbors, I chose treats that could be assembled ahead of time and passed out this Wednesday at school. The cupcakes were my own idea (though not very original as there was actually a picture of something similar on the box of licorice I bought, ha!), but everything else was from Pinterest, of course. As fun a night as we had and as much as the kids loved everything we made, my favorite part of the night had to be the perhaps wine-induced impromptu adult monster cupcake decorating contest that ensued when we ran out of spider legs. Sadly my own husband, and highly under-qualified, but equally cute official judge, ranked my squiggle mouth monster as only second place. Clearly the libations had clouded his judgement.

No comments:

Post a Comment