Sunday, November 18, 2012

11.18 & 19.12

Yesterday I was so exhausted that although I really, truly did think about that for which I was grateful, I just didn't have it in me to actually get it written.

Yesterday I was grateful for the couple of hours of kid and husband-free time I had to actually tackle a couple of party projects. It's amazing how much I can accomplish in less than 3 hours when there is nobody around! Surely that makes me sound like a bad mom and wife, but I am totally OK with it. Because spray adhesive and little boys do not mix.

Today I am thankful for a couple of things: that sweet spot on my pillow this morning that was the perfect mix of cool crisp cotton and fluffy down where I felt I could hold my head forever (until a certain little boy knuckled me in the side of the head anyway); a very productive day in terms of party projects even with aforementioned little guy helping to spray paint and "gently apply the glitter" oh my gosh how does the lid just happen to fall off the bottle when in his little hands?!; and finally, I am forever thankful that my dad taught me how to make the best spaghetti sauce. Seriously, so easy and so good. Which also, I guess, makes me thankful that I don't have to be one of those people who buys pasta sauce in a jar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment