Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Craft Day

I had an idea. I wanted to get some of the friends and cousins together for a little Valentine (Valentines? Valentine's? Who knows. I swear, I hate this holiday for that reason alone) craft party. In my mind it was so simple- they would happily sit at the table and we would craft a couple of cute Valentines for friends and family. Then I thought it would be fun to make cookies, too. Then I decided that I could probably make more than just one treat. And, while we're at it, why not individually pipe said cookies with royal icing? And, if you're going to go to the trouble of making cute rice krispie treats, shouldn't they be dipped in chocolate and sprinkles, too? Pinterest is really causing me to overestimate my crafting/baking/DIYing capabilities. Having a sister who has the same problem is certainly of no help, either.

In the end it all turned out pretty well, but next year will be a one project year. And no more sugar cookies. Ever. I will gladly fork over $5 the next time I want a frosted cookie. I don't even like frosting.

Oh, and the kids didn't even actually make any Valentines, save for Sully who did manage to sign his name on all of his ready-mades for his class. They played and went crazy and came in every few minutes to samle the multitude of sugar snacks. I'm pretty sure Anderson ate half his weight in sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment