Monday, February 6, 2012

Baby Beck : 10 months

Oh my gosh- we're almost there! Just two short months more before you are no longer my little baby. I am savoring every last moment of being able to refer to you as my "baby" and not my "toddler" as I know it won't be long before you are up and walking. This month started a bit rough with teething, being sick, and, in general, just a couple of rough days. This is the month in which you became a toothy, formula-drinking, crawling baby filled with curiosity and the impulse to explore anything that catches your eye. This is also the month in which we have really been able to see your personality shine through and I think it's safe to say you may give us a run for our money. Here's the breakdown:

Teeth: You have gone from barely one to four in one month's time. Two on top and two on the bottom. It was rough going there for about a week and a half, but we all managed to get some sleep and you have finally started eating normally again.

Eating: You were teething and then sick at the beginning of last month and you all but stopped eating. Now that all of that is behind us you are back to consuming quantities of food that rival the size of my own meals. I have not added to many things formally into your diet, but I have been much more liberal with offering you whatever we are eating. You still are a bit of a choker so everything is in extremely small pieces, but you love anything you can feed yourself. Current favorites are cheese, chicken, and beans. You still love yogurt and your staple veggies (carrots, spinach, green beans, and peas), but you don't care much for fruit. Mangos, blue and blackberries, avocados, and bananas have all been a bust.

Drinking: You are bottle-fed 100% of the time and you LOVE it. We are still able to provide at least one bottle of breast milk a day, but those reserves are going fast.

Crawling: You are into everything. You set your sights on something and you are on the move. You are incredibly fast and you have now consumed more than a couple of handfuls of cat food as a result. There's fiber in it, I suppose.

Sleeping: We seem to be back to a routine here.You are down for the night by about 5:30, you wake up around 4:30 and I drop off a bottle (the best advantage to bottle feeding EVER) and you go back to sleep until about 7.

Crying: You don't really cry anymore unless there is good reason. Anderson dragging you around or pushing you out of the way seem to be good reasons.

Random cuteness: You are becoming a copy cat. Most recently you have begun to copy daddy and sing into the microphone on Anderson's kitty cat piano. Oh! And I nearly forgot- you said "ma ma". You did! I swear! And even Rosa heard it. You don't use it regularly or necessarily in the right context, but you say it. And that is good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment