Friday, September 30, 2011

Bag Lady

It's been a really long time since I've been inspired. Being pregnant and having babies will do that to you, I suppose. But some time last year I started following this blog and, sure enough, the more I read, the more inspired I became. It wasn't long before I pulled out the sewing machine and yard stick and got to work. A seamstress, I am not, but I found inspiration in these hobo bags and I think I made one for just about everyone I know (and for every random item in the house- we now have a hot wheel cozy, paci cozy, and camera cozy, just to name a few). And since knit makes the best handles, I had to sacrifice quite a few of Gabe's striped t-shirts- what a good husbnad to support the cause! And, of course, since I started sewing more often I just had to buy a new sewing machine. (Can't have a new hobby with old equipment now, can you?!)

 A Hot Wheel cozy for Anderson, a birthday gift lunch bag for Jen

 The camera cozy lined with minky

 Beck doesn't really use a paci, but if he ever needs one, I'm prepared!

Hopefully it will spend more time out than cooped up in the closet- only time will tell.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love your fabric choices! Thanks for sharing with me Mimi. Cute blog you have here.
    - Dana

    ReplyDelete