Thursday, February 27, 2014

Snack Duty | Valentine's Day

Should have posted this over a week ago, but, well, sickies in the house needed love and snuggles more than Valentines needed to be blogged.
Last year we had preschool snack duty once a month. A box of graham crackers, some fruit, and a gallon of water and all was well. If my day happened to fall near a holiday, I'd do something special; if not, crackers it was. This year we have been assigned snack week. A whole week of snacks a few times a year. No big deal. Our first week was Halloween week so for four days I did Halloween-related snacks (I take no credit for these ideas, though I'm pretty proud they actually turned out. Those spider webs were no easy feat.):
So after Halloween I thought I was in the clear. Except a couple of weeks ago Miss Denise informed me she had switched one of my no-big-deal weeks in May for Valentine's week because, well, "I just can't wait to see what you'll come up with!" seriously? That's what I get, I suppose. My only saving grace was the short week due to a holiday on Monday and the fact that Anderson doesn't attend on Friday. There was also a pre-planned pancake day to celebrate "P" week so I only had 2 actual days of "creative" snack duty. I still didn't need the pressure, however. It's not as if I don't already have a full time job. And another kid. And a problem with eating all of the treats that I make. But I did manage to pull a couple of heart-shaped things together for school, the t-ball team, and some friends:
(melon pops, cinnamon rolls, blueberry muffins, brownies, pink heart rice krispie treats)

No comments:

Post a Comment