Thursday, April 18, 2013

Kick

"Anderson, do you know how to play soccer?"
"Yes, you throw the ball up in the air and catch it in your hands!"
Yeah, we had a bit of work to do.

Pee Wee soccer began last Saturday and I am still not over all of the cuteness that ensued watching 36+ three to five year-olds get divided up into teams, strap on some shin guards and learn a few of the basics of the game. First priority being to teach them to use their feet. I am just grateful Anderson was not one of the ones screaming or inconsolably crying or telling me "mommy, it's too hard!". (Not that any of those things may not happen next time, because it is totally possible.)

I am not so sure Anderson is going to be the sportiest of kids, he just doesn't show an overwhelming interest, but I want him to have fun and to understand what it means to be a part of a team. And give me a break with these little kids running around trying to follow directions! Adorable. Go Red (maroon?) Dragons!

No comments:

Post a Comment