Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter

Easter came smack dab in the middle of birthday season this year and though we still have dinosaur decorations up around the house (oh my gosh, I still have to post that) somehow we managed to color the eggs and the Easter Bunny still made his way through, messy tracks and all. Which, by the way, a certain husband thought was a bit ridiculous and entirely unnecessary until he saw Anderson's pure amazement at the whole thing. So worth the 2 minutes it took. I had a friend who made bunny tracks at my house in elemenatry school and I have never forgotten how fun it was. I have been waiting for what seems like ever (or at least 25 years) to do the same for my kids. Though it's a good thing he was not on my run with me that night where apparently the bunny ran amok in the street, on the sidewalk, and across lawns and driveways. They clearly have their act togther on the next street over. Total bunny competition.

The day was simple, filled with family and friends and far too much food. The pictures change very little year after year (there will forever be one of Gabe and me wrangling the boys for just one more picture) , but with the familiarity of it all comes such a sense of comfort and tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment