Monday, December 31, 2012

New everything

The new year is a time for a new beginning. This blog is ever-evolving and now seemed just as good a time as any to make a few changes. I was never really happy with the name "Snakes, Snails, and Puppy Dog Tails" and it has been driving me crazy. Though the expression is totally befitting of a mom of two boys, I could never quite shake the fact that I don't particularly care for dogs. At all. Which is probably no big deal, but it always seemed to me that people likely thought this was a dog blog, if such a thing exists, and to know me is to know that I would probably never own a dog, much less blog about them. It's not as if I had a better name in mind, I just knew that one didn't quite fit. And so months ago I began to think about what this blog is, about what it means to me, and I kept coming back to the fact that whenever anybody asks me what I write about I tell them, oh, you know, a little of this, a little of that. And so it now is. This blog is me, it tells my story as a wife and a "boy mom". And the fact of the matter is that I am all over the place most all of the time. My only hope is to capture some of it along the way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment