Thursday, August 23, 2012

Like father...


I first saw the Aquabats when I was about 18 years old. No doubt I was wearing Doc Martins, carrying a lunch pail purse and thinking I was coolest kid ever because while other kids were playing sports (and probably receiving a full-ride scholarships) I was hanging out at coffee shops and going to watch bands play. I don't remember much about that show, but I do remember they looked hot. Not hot as in David Beckham, but rather hot as in wearing tights and capes and hoods in 80+ degree weather hot. They were catchy and funny, but let's just say I didn't feel compelled to buy an album.

Fast-forward nearly twenty years yikes and I am now happily married to none other than Dr. Rock himself. Who would have thought? Though the doctor stopped practicing long ago, the memories and the costumes live on. Every once in a while the box comes out and sometimes pieces of the costumes are even tried on. Yesterday was Anderson's turn. It makes me giggle wondering if one day the boys will look back and think their dad was oh-so-cool or if they'll just be thankful that he was always wearing a mask in the band photos. I'm inclined to think maybe a little of both.

No comments:

Post a Comment