Friday, January 20, 2012

3 Weeks In...

I had kind of intended to start this year off by summarizing each week as it lead into the next (OK, maybe each couple of weeks if I am being realistic). A quick journaling of sorts, maybe even just photos, in an effort to remember not just those things that are deemed "important" or noteworthy, but those that happen in the day to day. The mundane, the cute, the "real" moments that make up the majority of our time. Since I am fairly certain this blog has a reader total of about 4, I feel no pressure to portray our lives as anything other than what they are- sometimes boring, often funny, usually stress-filled, and always filled with love.

These last two weeks sickness has been lurking in the air so we have managed to do little more than sit on the couch and watch Mighty Machines and America's Funniest Home Videos (seriously, Anderson is obsessed with that show) for what seems like hours on end. I did manage to squeeze in a pedicure this week (thank you, Mom!), though I had a very tight time limit as this was the day that Gabe was hit by "the illness". Nearly every morning within an hour of arriving to work I have received some sort of call that has reported something gross coming out of one of the boys, but fortunately all has seemed relatively fine by the time I have gotten home at lunch. Illness aside, we have seen friends and family this week and managed to squeeze in a couple of walks to the park. I even started reading a book. A real book that's not about babies or toddlers. It's the little things.

One of my favorite pictures of this week:

Beck loves his blankie (little does he know it was a reject from Anderson). He snuggles his face in it and it calms him down almost immediately. I understand completely.



No comments:

Post a Comment