Friday, October 14, 2011

Consistently Inconsistent

I'm gearing up for a long night. It's time to "Ferberize" this baby. Tonight I am committed to begin the process of eliminating the middle of the night feeding. I am tired, I am cranky, and I need my uninterrupted sleep. Oh, sweet Baby Beck, you will be angry. You will cry and you will scream. But soon you will learn to stay asleep all night and you will love it.
Honestly I am not sure why this has been so difficult. I am starting to believe that you will be the stubborn one. You will be one who is relentless and strong-willed. You are an aeries, after all. I swear you have not had a consistent sleep pattern for more than 3 days at a time. One night you will sleep all the way through until morning, the next you are up ever other hour. There is no possible way you are hungry, could it be that you just wake up and feel a little bored an think, "hmm...I wonder how long it will take beforeI can get her to come in here?".

And so it begins. Tonight I will check on you when you wake, but I will not give in. I will not nurse you just because it is easier and I want to go back to bed. I will time myself before going back in and I will more than likely shed a few tears of my own. It's for your own good. In more ways than one.

No comments:

Post a Comment